Saturday 4 February 2012

Yellow Snow?!

The sky and the weather forecasts have been threatening snow in the North-East all week.

On Monday there was a short flurry of snow during our youth club, which didn't last long, and it's been very cold ever since, but no snow. Yesterday, the weather forecasters announced a "YELLOW SNOW WARNING", which they later changed to a "Yellow weather warning for snow" with a bit of hindsight!! Brilliant!

I started running again this week. I woke up one morning, with the crazy idea that maybe I could run the Edinburgh Marathon this year! Despite the very cold mornings and minus temperatures ('C), I've managed to get myself up and out on some short mile and a bit runs. (Only 25 more miles to build up... is it possible before the end of May?!) and this morning as I was finishing my short "long run" (2 miles!) this morning, a few stray snowflakes began to fall. The snow then set in and although it's not very deep yet, it's still falling!

I feel compelled to point out that the snow is very white and not a hint of yellow in it! But if you do find any yellow snow; Don't Eat It!

Also, if you're thinking of doing anything crazy like a marathon, give yourself time to train and build up your fitness. Although, I haven't been running in a while, I've done a couple of half-marathons in the past, I run about the football pitch most weeks and I'm healthier than I've ever been... I just need my fitness to catch up now. 

I've no idea if I'll be ready in time, or if I can keep it up, but goals and ideas can help motivate, so it's a bit of a dream but I gotta start somewhere. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment